How to join AppStore Small Business Program
New program reduces App Store commission to 15 percent for small businesses earning up to $1 million per year
1) “earning up to $1 million” means proceeds, not sales. This is what we get after Apple’s cut. “up to” means $999.999
2) “if they earned up to $1 million in proceeds during the previous calendar year”. This means that if $1M is surpassed, the standard rate (30%) kicks in for the rest of the year, and also next year.
3) If a developer’s business falls below the $1 million threshold in a future calendar year (e.g. 2021), they can requalify for the 15 percent commission the year after (e.g. 2022)
4) This is surprising new, follow Apple’s promise in WWDC about changes in Appstore policy. It should be credit to @dhh ‘s fight for hey.com, which somehow affects the decision.
5) Some may need to stop generating revenue, by removing from sale, giving away or moving their apps to different distributing platforms to remedy the threshold surpassing.
6) Now the question is, how to get to the first $1000 😂